Bury Wholefoods Homemade Granola
Instead of buying boxed granola which contains very little nutrition, the staff at Bury Wholefoods prefer to delve into our homemade granola mix. Just top it with your favourite yoghurt and berries for a truly healthy breakfast to start your day.
(Our recipe is nut free however you can add 100g of mixed nuts if you wish)
200g Organic Jumbo Oats
6 tablespoons Organic Chia Seeds
1/4 teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Hillfarm Runny Honey
50g Organic Walnuts
50g Organic Almonds
- Preheat oven 180C/gas 4
- Tip the organic oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- If you are adding nuts, place the organic nuts in a cloth bag and gently bash with a rolling pin until they are lightly crushed. Add them to the mixing bowl.
- Gentle warm the Hillfarm runny honey and oil in a saucepan, then pour it over the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is lightly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray and spread out evenly using a wooden spoon.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is golden brown, turning the mixture every 10 minutes to ensure of an even colour.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool.