Bury Wholefoods All Natural Flapjack
You need an energy boosting snack but so many of the cereal bars on offer these days are full of refined sugar, additives and made from low quality ingredients. Why not try our delicious natural flapjack instead – made from high quality organic ingredients and contains only natural sugars.
200g unsalted organic butter
250ml Hillfarm runny honey*
150g organic chopped dates or other dried fruit such as cranberries / blueberries
400g Rainbow Wholefoods organic porridge oats
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas 4. Line a round 30cm tin with baking parchment.
2. Put the butter, honey and dried fruit in a saucepan and heat gently; breaking up the dried fruit as the butter and honey melt together.
3. Once all melted, stir in the oats and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and pat down well.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove the tin from the oven. The flapjack will still be soft at this point, however it will firm up as it cools.
7. Immediately score the surface into 12 slices and leave to cool.
8. Cut into 12 slices and ENJOY!
*Hillfarm honey is almost ‘raw honey’ therefore it has not been treated like many other types of honey found on supermarket shelves. It will crystallize as the temperatures start to cool down however it will return to runny honey as soon as it is warmed in an oven or microwave.