Sugar-free Ice Cream
Delicious sugar-free ice cream made without using an ice cream maker.
4 whole organic eggs
4 yolks from organic eggs
210g organic cacao butter (melted)
78g of xylitol or 15-20 drops of alcohol-free stevia
114g of your chosen flavour (combination of lucuma & maca or cacao powder or cacao powder and turmeric or cacao powder and ground cinnamon or ground almond flour & cacao nibs or omit for vanilla ice cream)
55g organic fax oil
2 tsp vanilla powder
10 ice cubes
Organic Cacao nibs (for sprinkling)
- Add all ingredients except ice cubes onto a high powered blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, until creamy.
- With the blender running, open the funnel on the lid and drop 1 ice cube in at a time, allowing the blender to run for around 10 seconds between each ice cube.
- Once all the ice has been added, pour the mixture into a 9×5 loaf tin and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Repeat every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately (sprinkle a few cacao nibs on top to add an extra crunch) or transfer to small containers, cover and store for up to 1 week.
We source our cacao butter, xylitol and powders from ‘Tree Harvest’ in Colyton. For stevia drops we recommend using ‘Nicks’ You can buy in many different flavours.
If you are not use to eating xylitol, we recommend starting slowly with your intake. Alternatively, if you would prefer not to use xylitol you could also use raw honey.
We hope you enjoy making this as much as we do.